Monday, October 12, 2009

fears lately

i have but i havent been a lost soul lately. my head has been clouded with germs and my brain has been stuffed with anxiety regarding my comprehensive exam and graduation. i am trying so hard to be in many places at once, but i am learning i cannot. and i feel i am hurting others while doing this.

the truth is, i dont know what is going to happen when i graduate. i am overwhelmed by the fact that i have a lot of clinical work i need to dive right into, and i am excited, but i dont know how i am going to manage this, truthfully. i can barely handle my life, right now. will it be like school again? what are my hours going to be? are my new co-workers going to be nice? i dont even know anyone who works directly in this field! i dont know what theyre like! 
there are many institutes (freudian / jungarian / rogerian) that offer amazing practices in their field, offer you clinical trails towards your clinical hours (which are mandated by the state) and pay you in return with free courses. by the end of two years you will be certified in their particular therapy, but there's no pay. no benefits. only education. and i know that beginning of psychotherapy work sometimes means free caseloads, but am i ready for it? i dont know. i am just stuck. i bought a book today called 'your career in psychology: making your graduate degree work' and i read one page and had to shut it because im too nervous. this is a new field for me, the only education i have had is my school work, and i wonder if that is too little. 

if tim gunn was here, he would say, 'melissa, make it work'. but for once in my life, i dont know if i can. i dont even know where to start. i need to find a strong mentor. to guide me and hold my hand and tell me im going to be okay.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Coupons for online shopping are what the shoppers are mostly looking for.There are several benefits of using online shopping coupons including specially the time that you save. As they say TIME IS MONEY.
Metmeds Coupons

Arjun said...

Nice information, if you are planning to buy medicines try netmeds. Dont forget to use netmeds coupons to save money online

promoscode said...

Thanks for sharing an interesting article. www.promoscode.in