Wednesday, January 28, 2009

cusp.

on saturday, i move into a new home. a home that is warm and welcome. a home with a cranberry dining room, a zen mist bedroom, and a yellow living room to fit all my friends and special overnight guests.

this month, the first of 2009, has been a whirlwind. i already have become a new person. i have stood up for myself in more ways then i thought possible, found a new place to rest my head and grow a herb garden in the summer, and welcomed all the changes in my life, with wide open arms.

this is already the start of a beautiful 2009. i can feel it. finishing my master's degree, settling down, becoming my own. all on my own. with no guidance, only the support from my lovely family and friends. i want to keep this going. keep growing. one foot in front of the other. embracing all the new chapters in my life. learning from them. making mistakes. laughing through the hardships. that is what i have done my whole life, but this year, i will do it again. but with a new freedom. with keys to a home that is mine. mine mine mine. supported and run by me. growing up. changing. i am taking it all in.

i am excited for this. visit. for decorating and using my inspiration throughout a third floor walk-up apartment. for having dinner parties with red wine and homemade bread. for having slumber parties and drinking a cup of tea while people watching. i go walking to the grocery store. to explore a new neighborhood and make new friends. it's the start of something special.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

hello hello! I just wanted to come by and say THANK YOU so very much for your sweet, sweet words that you left at Shealynn's blog today....for the giveaway. I am so touched and so honored to have you as a reader! Have a happy day!

liz elayne lamoreux said...

i love that phrase "becoming my own." really, really beautiful.