Thursday, September 3, 2009


i have finally fallen back into my yoga routine. i forget how fantastic and whole my body feels after a 90 minute practice. i forgot what i am capable i am doing, and how beautifully my body moves into each pose. ive been in a strange sort of mind today, and my practice was a little difficult tonight. 
but i got through it. 
by breathing. 
it's amazing how our breath works and how it controls our body and emotions. when you think you cant do something, you breath your way through it. deep inhales, long exhales. when youre stressed and your breath is sort, it's breathing that keeps you calm and brings you back to being. all of this i learned through yoga. how to handle any given situation and open my brain through breathing. it's a beautiful feeling, to breath and to control your breathing. through the art of yoga and the art of running. in. out. inhale. exhale.

this weekend i am leaving the city for some R&R at matty's boss' property in montauk. ive heard so many magical things about this property, and i am more then thrilled to be spending a few days out there. the thought of no cell phone service makes me smile internally/externally/all over. the thought of good food, good drinks and my boys with crickets chirping and waves crashing is already very meditating and relaxing. and stars! i cant wait to look at those flames in the sky that light my world.





sad though. summer is really over. today i napped after work, and i needed a blanket. A BLANKET! summer, i miss you. you were good to me. but fall, i love you. you know this. the smells, the feeling, the boots... stay with me always.

No comments: