Tuesday, September 15, 2009

a week of firsts

my first last day of graduate school (a tongue twister, but delightful).

my first book club meeting with some fabulous local manhattan ladies (such rich conversation, lovely ladies, delicious food, wine that kept flowing and dancing in our glasses).

& my least favourite first... my first fender bender. on september 11th, none the less. also, my grandmothers birthday.

i went to long island on friday. with a minorly broken car and an urge to be hugged by my family. i arrived in sweatpants, and left sunday morning, in sweatpants. the same ones. it was that sort of weekend. watched many movies (including the secret life of bees with the woman of my heart - my dear grandmother), ate a lot of yummy foods and snacks. turned off my phone. did nothing, and felt okay with it.
had a way early morning breakfast with G on saturday morning at a local favorite spot, and then did my yoga practice (sans mat) in grass wet with dew. we had all intentions of going to him and his partner's abode on fire island, but life/relaxation/conversation got in the way. realized how grateful i am for family, friends of all sorts, breathing, kitties and to be balanced by and through love.

no matter what, i am never alone. i have myself, you, them and everything around me. never lonely, never alone, always being and living. grateful. taking a moment (everyday) to express my gratitude - to myself, you, them and everything around me. life happens, things happen, but we grow. never alone. always with a gentle hand and gentle wings helping us. even when we cant see, they are there. take a moment and feel it. a gentle breeze touching your shoulder. a stranger's smile. a bird singing in the morning. all there to show we are not alone. teaching us. monitoring us. and loving us. always.

No comments: