Wednesday, March 26, 2008

famous flower of manhattan


that is me. your new friend who apparently thinks she has the time, patience and coolness factor to have her OWN blogspot. before the nerd status sets in and i start posting photos of my cat and the books i am moved by and the bands i spend a lot of money going to see... let's get a few 'ground rules' out of the way.

for starters. i hate using capitalization and puncuation unless i am writing a formal email. i told this to my gramma one time, who oddly enough, got offended. i dont know why she thinks a.) i would write her an email when she lives 3 feet away from me and b.) why she thinks she would get a FORMAL email, none the less, from myself! did she turn into hillary clinton over night?

Dear Grammie,

Hi! How are you? How about making chicken chicken cutlets for dinner later? I love them! I will be going to CVS at 5 o'clock, so if you need anything, call my cell phone.

Love you!

xoxo,
Cutie Pie.


an email like that? not happening on my watch. so dont expect these little posts to be all high and mighty in the grammar world. i swear to you, i was a journalism major for my undergrad, but taking the time to be all typing proper-savy isnt happening.

my second 'ground rule,' i have developed this late lucy complex... aka... insomnia... aka... i dont sleep much at night. i blame this on two things: scrabulous and my friends who support this late lucy complex. so when posts are insane and posted at crazy times, let's not judge, kids!

third ground rule. i have a few obsessions that will get mentioned freely and often. them being: music (of the indie/folk/rock genre), theatre (passing strange, thank you very much), shopping (need i say more?) and photography. maybe that isn't a ground rule as much as it is a disclaimer as of what is to come, but prep yourself none the less.

that is it. i am overly sarcastic and loving. teresa tends to think i am hilarious, but we will see if this blogger takes that route. until then...

xo.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey dear! It's Sarah- as in the one who lives super far away?

If that doesn't help well-- Idk.

Anyway, I'm excited to read your blog. I'm not sure how to subscribe, so my commenting may be a bit sparse, but I will try to keep up with it! I think you're amazing, as you know, and I'm excited to see whats going on in your fabulous life :)

<3