Thursday, March 27, 2008

relief

todays listen of choice:



chris garneau: music for tourists.

for you nyc locals, his music seems very fitting to this dreary weather we have on this early afternoon. adding to the fact that he is from brooklyn, i feel like every song was written about me and my life. with chances of snow today (what! really!) and ugly gray clouds above us, this album is the perfect soundtrack to listen to with a cup of tea and a good book snuggled on your comfy chair.

between his soothing voice, his endearing lyrics, the hum of the piano and the violins throughout each song, chris garneau has won my heart, fair and square. he is beautiful. he is moving. his music - epitome of beauty. words dont do this young lad justice.

check him out: http://www.myspace.com/chrisgarneau

3 comments:

Kavin said...

Eh...never heard of him. pshhh..i'll just take your word for it.

totes kidding btw. lol. anyway, just wanted to comment on your ~blog~. I'm addicted already!

Sarah said...

I've heard a lot about this guy and I've been wanting to check out his music-- I just need to find time :( I haven't even had the opportunity as of late to listen to music that I ALREADY like!

Moxie said...

Garneau is fucking amazing. Did you know that he was in the original cast of Spring Awakening for a minute, but dropped out of the production to pursue music? Such a gifted guy.