Sunday, May 24, 2009

yesterday, my roommate and i rented bicycles in manhattan, and i conquered two tasks:

1. bike riding in manhattan.
2. bike riding across a bridge! 

went from manhattan to brooklyn. unreal. bridges always look flat, but what is unknown is the incline on a bridge is ridiculous. my legs burnt the entire time, i was pretty sure i was going to go backwards and not forwards, and holy mother, huge emphasis on STEEP.
a lot of super fun, and i am proud of myself for defeating a bridge. seeing so many people walking their bikes up the bridge, while i was riding mine, made me feel good. to know that i have strong legs that can take me wherever i want to go, despite the pain and difficulty. also, a true test of pushing myself came afloat. i pushed out the 'i cant do this anymore' and told myself 'youre almost there! c'mon girl!'.

today i am long island bound to spend time with family and friends. hopefully throw in some bbq's if the weather holds up (please please please!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as someone near and dear to us would say, "YOU GO GIRL!!!"