Wednesday, July 2, 2008

happy july.


i just watched "becoming jane" and although it was not amazing, a few things...

-i am in love with anne hathaway. i think i have made my girl-crush on her quite obvious to those around me.
-james mcavoy. hi! where have you been my entire life. he is rumoured to play bilbo in the 20-long time way-11 adaptation of 'the hobbit'. i am more then thrilled.
-anything jane austen, is another word for love. i broke out my grandmother's vintage edition of 'pride and prejudice' and i am going to start reading it again. austen wrote it when she was twenty years old. TWENTY. i am on the cusp of twenty four and have only written some poems, prose and journalism articles. i could never fathom writing a freggin novel. especially one as timeless, classic and beautiful as hers. this time around, i want to take it slow, so i can take it all in. every word, every sentence. the copy that i have of it is, is so old that the pages are coming out. i love books like that. good, worn in books. you can tell they have been read and loved by their readers.

sigh. my grandmother recently told me i need to talk to the poolboy in the backyard, to spice up my life. i told her my life is spicey enough with my books. and by books, i literally mean - my novels and my textbooks. they are my number one priority right now. she laughed, and agreed. no spice for me. no gracias.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BILBO? NO WAY! WE ARE SEEING THAT TOGETHER! EVEN IF IT COMES OUT THE DAY OF MY COLLEGE GRADUATION CEREMONY I WILL SKIP IT