Sunday, July 20, 2008

welcome home.

i left long island friday for a weekend of solitude, laughter, insane humidity and to re-visit my peaceful heart. coming back into the city today, my heart skipped a beat when i saw the nyc skyline. there is something so comforting about being away from ny for a few days, and driving into the city and feeling like it's your first time seeing it.

i also purchased a book, that i kid you not, is my soulmate of a book. it's titled 'help for helpers: daily meditations for counselors". beautiful. i love when a book connects to my soul and speaks my mind. i also got "each day a new begining: daily meditations for women". i am amped.

i also picked up hari kunzru's newest novel 'my revolution' and i am not setting any expectations for it. i just watched the film "two days in paris" and i didnt set and expectations for it, and it did not thrill me. something tells me kunzru's novel will do the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe you can bring "help for helpers: daily meditations for counselors" to our office and we can begin each morning with some peaceful meditating together?
just a thought!