Monday, July 14, 2008

tomorrow starts a summer filled with classes, texts and well - endless drives to westchester county. i decided to take one course this summer and i am content with the idea. i feel like i need a switch in my summer routine, although i cant help but remember - the last time i took a summer course was during my stay in spain. ages ago.

my professor is rumoured to be difficult, but i am looking past this. i am determined to manage my 4.0 and battle it out. i have been stalking phd programs and post-grad school professional programs and it's looking bright on my end. i have been looking at some non-profit jobs in the area, and even submitted my resume to a few and have gotten some calls. i would love to be a recreational aide in a nursing home, and am willing to kiss my wonderful, fufilling salary gap offers me, for a low, entry-level salary a nursing home is willing to offer me. im not putting all my eggs in one basket, and im not jumping into anything just yet. just peeping around.

george's birthday was this past weekend and it was filled with sunshine, blue moon, bbq's and good friends. we went to tobay for the day where we battled the sick waves hurricane burtha is giving us, and then had a big cook-off at casa de burns. i love birthdays and celebrations and good times. plus, i made a homeade red velvet cake that was BANGIN'.


[mary, george, jonathan and myself - july 08]

they are my life.

No comments: