Monday, July 28, 2008

peace.

i have the next three days off and it is such a cleansing feeling. i took the night off from everything.
EVERYTHING.

i shut my phone off, shut my ears and had solid 'me' time. i went to the gym, took a bath, cleaned my room (dusted! mopped! shined! waxed!) and now i am sitting in my room, with only candles lit... no lights except for the dimness of my macbook and candles surrounding me. i am content. i needed this. i went through photos, updated picture frames, put away laundry that has been piiling up (realized i own way too many articles of clothing), swiffered my closet, re-read cards from friends, organized all my blank greeting cards and while at the gym, caught up on the pile of magazines that have been sitting in my room.
speaking of which - in the latest time out new york, i learned that the littlest, nothing, quiestest, one line actor who is on broadway, gets a good 78k a year. holy canoli. i wanna know what anthony rapp is makin' these days. i almost fell off the treadmill when i read that! i think investing in voice lessons may pay off...

i have been spending a great deal over at etsy.com and have managed to find some cute finds. i have birthday presents for birthday princesses coming in the mail, and a few little papergood products for myself. there is no better treat then to treat yourself to homeade goodness.

yesterday evening i was a party diva, attending to a baby shower for a co-worker, and then a surprise goodbye party for my dear, warm-hearted, beautiful, intelligent best friend since middle school, miss alex. she leaves august 12th for med school in the caribbean, and to say i am going to miss her is a complete understatement.

1 comment:

Alex said...

i just saw this post! i love you and will miss you too! thank you for being there and for helping (facebook admin...eric told me) mwa!