Monday, April 6, 2009

tonight during my yoga class, i decided to let in support and patience for this upcoming week. i sat in namaste  position, asking myself, to please bring these two words and actions into my life.
support and patience. 
two things i always pride myself on, but two very solid themes i know i will need this week. support to get through a (short) work week, support to get through classes, support to practice patience. patience at work. patience at home. patience with my family. patience with my mind. patience with my friends. 
support and patience.
these two themes are prominent in my life. terribly prominent. however, waking up on the wrong side of the bed to a rainy monday, i made a promise with my body tonight, to keep these two themes strong and living within me. i cannot let one day stand in the way of others. one foot in front of the other. supporting myself. mentally and physically.
support and patience.
when was the last time you held gratitude for your body? and everything it does? and for everything it offers you? think about it. thank your body. thank your body for giving you a mind. for giving you a place to practice support, patience, love, laughter, crying, singing, dancing, living. thank your body. without your body, there is no you.