Thursday, August 21, 2008

i was sitting on a bench this evening waiting for a friend to get out of class. normally, in the city, even at 7p.m., it's humid. but tonight, it was perfection. there was a breeze (a breeze!) that ran through the streets and gave me chills. my armhairs rose. we went to eat at tosca cafe and had an outdoor seat where the breeze kept us company. the sweet taste of wine kept us warm inside, but the breeze forced us to put on wovens. it was a perfect night.
---
now, i sit in my bedroom, windows wide open, and hear the sound of crickets singing me to sleep. the end of summer is my favourite. waking up to the birds singing to you and the feeling of cool air in the early morning is my utopia. slippers and bathrobes, putting a tea pot on for hot water, hearing the leaves fall... yes please. mother nature knows the song of my heart, and loves to sing it back to me every night and day.

No comments: