Sunday, August 24, 2008

a week long celebration --


--- has finally ended. with a cup of tea, a smile and jane austen.

if i tried to name everyone who made my saturday birthday so magical, it would be silly. i was overwhelmed by the response, the turnout, the thoughtful cards and the un-necessary gifts. constant movement of friends coming in and out of the beer garden to celebrate me, our friendships and our mutual friends. i am blessed! truly. i had a beautiful day (weather-wise) and experienced true happiness. a utopia. everyone made the journey. from long island to manhattan to even freggin california, i was blessed with so many beautiful friends by my side. even my family showed up! the photos i have are filled with cheesey smiles and pitchers of delicious imported beer. we ended the night back on long island, where the city friends even made the journey. bbq's, left right center and a firepit. a perfect ending to a perfect week.
as sad as i am to see my birthday come to a hault, my body is ready for detox. it has had its fair share of delicious foods and desserts for a long time. it's time to head back to yoga and head back to my running sneakers.

thank you thank you thank you to all you beautiful souls who made my birthday such a beautiful day / week / year. i have not even been my new age for a week yet, and i am already loving what has come my way.

xoxoxo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you misuse the word utopia muliple times. Look it up. It's getting annoying.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, beautiful souls. You must be a Jesse McCartney fan.