Monday, August 25, 2008

last night!

i went to the local craft store's twilight super savings sale. (in normal person words = 25 percent off everything in the store). YES! i spent birthday money on beads, crystals, stamps, inks, paints, yarns and needles. i plan to up my creativity top notch this autumn. i am stocked up. i cant wait. im even toying with the idea of quilting a little quilt for my bed.

just something simple like this bad boy to my right. something with solids and prints of the pastel genre. pastel is everything i am against (big bold and beautiful is my trademark) but i am willing to try something different. for those of you who dont know, quilting is (surprisingly) in my blood. my grandmother is a huge quilter (as in - quilts are all over my house) and all my aunts are avid quilters. i love quilting, there is something so rewarding about this hobby, but it takes cool nights and patience and time, which lately i seem to not have enough of. i want to make it a part of my life again, so i can pass it down to my children, and they can pass it down to theirs. (sidenote --- back in the day, there was a male in my family who entered a quilt he designed and quilted himself into a state contest, and won first place. guess who it was.....)

i also have gifts to create before it's too late. my aunts birthday is labor day, and she loves anything and everything homemade she can wear on her ears, around her neck or on her wrist. easy. my grandmother turns 80 september 11, so i have the family making a page (or two!) for a scrapbook for her, and then i plan on making her an eyeglasses leash (normal person words = a necklace that goes around your neck and holds your glasses) and possibly knitting her a vest. the latter part will more then likely be a christmas gift, but it's a nice attempt to think i can knit an article of clothing in three weeks when it takes me years (literally) to finish scarves.

i have also been an addict to the food network's recipe collections and have been cooking up a storm. i have a fresh! homeade! pizza in the oven cooking and have a zillion other dishes i want to create. desserts, appetizers, pastas, vegan dishes, breads! everything! my mouth is watering with ideas. i need a month away from work so i can cook, knit, design and drink tea. lots of tea. all of this, i would like to be done in a soothing state. like colorado or arizona. somewhere where i can sit on the porch in the morning and see nothing but mountains, trees and birds flying high. no planes overhead, no trains, no people fighting for a seat on the subway - just nature and my passions. delicious thoughts.

No comments: