Thursday, April 17, 2008

what! what! what!

"I love the part of music, that it can take you over and you can trust it…I want to make music that, when women listen to it, they can be inside themselves again. To make dance music is even better, because then they can be dancing together, with other women feeling inside of themselves." -k.h.



why am i just learning, NOW, that kathleen hanna (of le tigre! bikini kill!) taught a graduate art class at NYU this fall!!? god. i would have put together a portfolio and been a faux-art student if i would have known this. she is my hero. my idol. my inspiration. everything about her! to listen to her speak and teach and lecture?!?! totally would have been there.

"The whole idea [of riot grrrl] was that women and girls could define what it meant and that there are a million different ways to be feminist or womanist or to be pro-woman or anti-misogyny and that it's not one person can decide that. We didn't want to be a corporation with a mission statement. I think that was an interesting strategy. People are still defining it for themselves." - k.h.

1 comment:

Mich said...

I LOVE HER. Um hugehugehuge Le Tigre fan here. She's also married to Adam from Beastie Boys. Power couple to the max. I would LOVE to hear her speak.