Tuesday, April 1, 2008

living of love.

with march long gone, it's time to welcome in april! this means we are closer to summer, which is closer to sundresses and the beer garden in astoria, and day trips to the wineries out east. this also means sweaty subway cars and hairy men in bathing suits at tobay beach. just some of the many perks of being a new yorker during the hot months.

on my way to work this afternoon, i tried to think of what good things came into my life during the dull month of march. i couldnt think of one thing. i literally had to plop down, open my planner and see what i did and where i was this past month. then it all came back to me. these are the top three big moments of march 2doubleOH8.

first and foremost:



i thought august: osage county was my favorite piece on broadway, but that all changed when boston native, 'lers, came to visit for a weekend. we last minute decided to buy rush tickets to see passing strange - and clearly passing strange won over and now holds the number one spot in my heart and soul. it was one of the most moving, beautiful and emotional pieces i have seen on broadway in a LONG time. when i first saw spring awakening, i felt the same way, but seeing passing strange left me utterly speechless and needing more. i cried through the end, and i dont know if the tears coming down my chin were from the actual scenes, or from the beauty of the play or from the music. everything about that show was remarkable. i cannot rave about it enough. not to mention the cast is GENIUS. stew is a god. and the people who represent his work... absolutely in love.

secondly.



after all the hype and good praise blake bashoff has been getting in spring awakening, i finally decided to check it out. after seeing it in december and watching gallagher pour his heart out on the stage during his last, i was convinced that whoever this blake was, was not going to fill the shoes that were once on that stage and i didnt want anything to do with it or the show. plus, i also needed a break from seeing it so often in december. by march though, my three months had passed and i was due to show my face to the beautiful cast and see how everyone was doing. i was nervous upon seeing someone who was deemed as 'very broadway' to replace the folky-rock voice i was used to with gallagher. but the second bashoff set foot on the stage, i was in love. he has done so many remarkable things with his portrayal of mortiz that it is wonderful. dare i even say, he may be better in SOME parts then the person who originated that role... which says a lot (and i mean, a lot) coming from me. i was, and have been, very pleased with bashoff so far.

& thirdly...
as many of you know, i barely buy things full price at the gap. even with my discount, it always gets marked down a week later and i am miserable. i will splurge on ANYTHING, except for things at the gap. weird, i know.

however! the instant i saw this sweater... i had to have it. i am abolutely in love with it, and own it in every color. the coral is my favorite. i only bought one on sale (yes! they are on sale!) but the rest, full price (plus discount). you will not go wrong with one of these little cardigans. so perfect to layer or wear with a cami.



and of course... there were more little things. the beautiful set eatc/osp had at highline ballroom. my family's annual st. patty's day dinner EVEN THOUGH WE'RE ITALIAN, my trip to philadelphia, wearing my hair curly every day during the month (shocker!), re-living the beautiful story of a tree grows in brooklyn, wilco and vampire weekend being on snl (back to back!), my shopping experience at ikea and of course, the vegan dinner party!

that's all kids. here's to a new month and new possibilities. gypsy and in the heights are on my list of shows to see, as well as adding in passing strange once more, at least. i am a granny this week with bedtime and will be seeing that guy, blake bashoff, tomorrow night, so a girl needs her beauty rest.

till next time. xo.

1 comment:

Alex said...

I will update with a real, live entry, I promise. I just need to figure out links and stuff. I'm determined to do it tomorrow at work.