Thursday, May 8, 2008

year one: near completion.

i am a mere three classes, one final exam and three papers to be edited and a million articles to be printed from completition of graduate school hell, year one. if i have my way, this is a year and a half (three internships included) until graduation.

exciting. the downside: i am pretty sure, this week, i managed to look and sound like a manic depressive, as two of my three papers and my spring thesis were on forms of depression. of the adolescent. of the woman. and a case study.

other downside: i have not seen my friends in far too long. i have missed out on wonderous theatre and music happenings, i miss home-cooked meals, and i think i forgot how to dress myself when i am not dressing to go to work or sleep.

sidenote:
why why WHY i ask, is the nyc department of education the most awful department of education to access? asking them a question is (honestly) the same as calling india. "please hold" "let me redirect you" "hold on please, let me find out" "oh, please call this number" "go to our website!" i cant anymore. either i need a new state to call home or they need to get their buttons sewed on.

ps: i still want to teach babies how to read in africa. this is my dream. i have told this idea to a few people close to my heart and they all think i am crazy? am i?

1 comment:

Alex said...

to answer your question, NO.