Monday, June 16, 2008

everythings coming up... broadway...

california texted me, "what are you doing? call me, let's catch up". texted him back, "watching the tony's, will call later! xo!" his response: "you need to go out more".

if only he knew...

tonys tonys tonys. all things broadway. bought me to some of my most beautiful best friends. love affair with broadway started at a young age, during a show called cats, but became obvious at age 16, while seeing the lion king. become more obvious at age 23, seeing passing strange. will become further obvious at age 24, seeing billy elliot.

tonight i am eternally grateful for the people who have some into my life through that street in manhattan. it was a good season. there are particular shows that stand still in my heart... (gallaghers last at spring awakening and holding kate's hand the entire show, crying with michelle during passing strange, the high i felt after august: osage county, krysta as vanessa during in the heights, learning and expanding my mind during the farnsworth invention, the legacy of rent, missing clay aiken in spamalot and being okay with it, and meeting jim norton and being speechless).

tonight i feel honored to have the ability to see a new show every week. to live in a city where such beautiful pieces of art to come to life. and to form a bond with people who feel the same way i do. my heart and soul would be lost without them.

& is it a sign, that tomorrow is my first day at the new job, and my new boss was a former broadway star? it all fits together, life.

No comments: