Thursday, June 5, 2008

green (black) thumbs up.

i am truly convinced that i did not inherit my mother's green thumb. no matter how many gardening books i read, how many times george teaches me and no matter how many afternoons i spend in the garden with my grandmother, i do not get it. i really want to be a good gardener, too! maybe that is why i am not a good gardener, and kill all things green... because i try too hard. maybe if i leave my green friends alone and do not fuss over them, they will flourish. i care too much about them. i cant just let them sit in the hot sun! they look parched, always. i dont get it. is there such a term as 'over-caring for your garden'? because if not, i should deem it my own term with my own defination and a photo of my smiling self, right smack underneath it all.

No comments: