Wednesday, June 11, 2008

hide&seek.

six months ago, i applied for a position to be a visual merchandiser for gap, inc. brand, thinking i would never get it. surprisingly so, within a week, my life went from all things public relations, advertising, press releases, business suits and being a personal assistant, to all things relating to perfect folding, mapping, windows, colors, textiles, over-nights and the holiday season. (not to mention, my right-hand man, broke his ankle falling out of a display window a week into my job!) i started out nervous, confused about my sudden career change, a wardrobe that included a lot of black, but was embraced by a group of love, (which became my family), fifty percent discounts, a knack for style, a love for steaming, an eye for stitches and a-lines, and a wardrobe that now includes nothing black and every and anything relating to color and scarves. and not to mention, over four pairs of pure-white converse sneakers.

six weeks ago, i was told i was being taken away from my family, and being thrown into a new one within the gap world. a better position, closer to home, and some more dough in my pocket. i cried. i bawled. i tried to fight it.

all failed. no one felt my pain. "youll be ok".

tomorrow, is the day i have been dreading for six weeks. i leave my family in the shore, to join a new family at broadway. a new location, a new outlook and new walls to build during flow. i leave behind my heart, the people who made me as 'gap strong' as i am. the ones who help me every. day. make the stores look as freakin good as they do. the people who go for "one martini" with me after a hard days work. the people who know how crazy i get when it's new flow. the people who put my size on hold when it goes on sale. the people who GET me. the people who know that every mannequin better have on a freakin scarf. the people who just know.

this is for them. & for all of you who have worked with people who have touched your life, like how my little gap family has touched mine. tomorrow will be the hardest goodbye to a job that i will ever have to do. and im not even leaving the company, i am just getting transfered!

so. dear 716: it has been a journey. i will miss it.

No comments: