Monday, September 29, 2008

december 17

a lot of new faces on my blog friend list! yes! i will do some introductions for you all....

kate is my newest and favourite. she was the last person who i thought would get a blog and she finally did it.
miss queenshood herself, my dawnie bean. the girl needed a blog, and she knew this. it was a matter of time. she is seriously my own personal chelsea handler. together, we need to blog together, because our life is shambles with our boys.
we have mb's studly man, mr sk himself. it's a shame he likes the mets, but im a big fan of his girlfriend, so im really letting this slide.
then, last but not least, james, heather and james from the spring standards were cute enough to start a blog of their fall tour!

everyone is goin' blog cah-razy this autumn!
(next up: shea!)

in more exciting news...
*drumroll*

i was presenting my really scary, informative and important graduate abstract to my professor today. this paper is a huge chunk of my graduate preformance, and it gets read by a few important board members, and has potential to be published, if the board agrees it. needless to say, the girl with a 4.0 wants her freggin research paper published and wants an A on it. so i worked hard on my abstract, and worked hard on perfecting my presention to my professor on my commute to school this evening. it wasnt a huge presentation, just your research abstract and he was going to approve it or disapprove it. i choose a topic i knew would be eclectic and present a good counseling problem. i was the fifth presentation to go. so far, my professor was ripping everyone apart. he calls my name. my palms were soo sweaty (shea!) and i thought i was going to seriously throw up. and not to mention, people were totally in business suits for their presentation. i obviously, was not. i begin my presentation, and i notice my professor is distracted. he's not looking at me. weird. i keep going. i am telling him where i am citing things and rolling out statistics and medical journals. he says "i have a headache" and rubs his head. immediately i think "i failed. this man is such a jerk". so i say outloud, "do i have too many statistics this early on?" he keeps rubbing his head. i failed. he is pissed. he looks up, and i keep reading, so embarassed by the fact that i thought i did a good job, and he is being a jerk with his nonverbal gestures. all of a sudden, i glance at him, as your supposed to do to your audience when presenting, and the mans eyes roll behind his head. he fainted. crazy!

well, before this, i got a beautiful voicemail from stef telling me that my dreamboat, RYAN ADAMS is playing MSG this december 17.
who has two thumbs and is going? THIS GIRL. i would put who i was going to the concert with... but he doesnt have a blog. this a subtle hint to him...

No comments: