Tuesday, September 2, 2008

the new underground

september snuck up on me and i am perfectly okay with it. i always patiently wait for that 'back to school feeling'. where you wake up chilly in the morning, start experimenting with new teas, break out your favourite brown leather boots, wear socks around the house and you smell the leaves falling from the tree. it's a very blissful month for myself.

i start my new job in less then a week, and am so, so, so, so unbelievely happy. i cant wait to meet my new gray hair'd friends, welcome them into my life, and explore a new area.
what i am not too entirely thrilled for however, is going to to campus tomorrow and spending over $500 on THREE textbooks. yes, my friends, three books is costing me over $500. and that is only with two classes! if i take an additional class like how i would ultimately like, i am even more hurt. i am not one to cry about money, especially when it comes to my education, because i have the money - but man, textbooks are ridiculous.

as mentioned previously. the weekend was slow. tonight was local, long island wine and a bbq with peanut butter cookies. with bug bites and crickets chirping. perfect. i sold my first necklace on etsy.com, & although it was to a friend out west, it still made me feel so good and refreshed this morning.

by the way, i have become in love with guster's latest album, 'ganging up on the sun'. the first track, lightning rod is brilliant. i cannot stop listening to it. i also broke out my 'the last waltz' by the band, and have not stopped jamming to it tonight. it's been the soundtrack to thousands of thank-you cards i am mustering out to family and friends.

life is good.
too good, sometimes.

ps: i am itching for a good haircut. a whole new style. remember when i randomly got bangs one weekend? i want something crazy like that again. & we're not breaking this news to george yet, as he has anxiety over the idea of me cutting my hair, but i need a new fall 'do. even michelle has slight anxiety when i tell her i want a dye job. but things must get done (at least in my mind). new job = new hair.
suggestions?

No comments: