Friday, September 5, 2008

finally!

some of the perks of the gap is getting my hands on a crap load of marketing and free goods that come my way. i have it all. posters, vinyls, decorations, marketing, books, magazines, you name it - it's in my closet. both in my home, and my closet at work. a few months ago, i was given this thick, coffee table book, featuring every single gap ad with every single person who was photographed for a gap campaign. it's really an awesome book. for you photography lovers, it's a must see. it is gorgeous, the photographers and individuals (who is oddly enough, the name of the book) are stunning. for you advertising junkies (like myself) the campaigns date back to the 70's and go into some of the the most current campaigns. (well, as recent as you can go, since gap haulted their advertising efforts in the past few years).

anyway, besides drooling over the campaign gap did with elijah wood many moons ago... they did one with ryan adams, as well. i was trying to remember if he filmed a commerical, and it was a heated debate at the dinner table one night. i said yes, the boys said no. the friends at gap, they were indifferent. i searched, searched... and searched. and, well guess what my friends...



baby-faced and in his glory (and standard fit jeans), there he is. you cant hate my company for this one, can you?

2 comments:

Mich said...

ahaha, and sometimes you pass along giant posters to certain people whom adore you for it ;)

Unknown said...

My sister used to work at the Gap, way way way back in the '80s and early '90s, and had these giant promotional display posters in her room. I think I still have one of them in my closet, its so silly.